Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Battle Against The Evil One


I am still in Denmark with King Hrothgar but I just got back from the fight with the thing that was troubling Herot.  The thing’s name was Grendel, a monster who attacked at night.  He troubled the Danes so bad that they went as far away from the mead hall as possible in order to sleep.   I was not worried about the fight because, before King Hrothgar left, he toasted my future victories which foreshadowed that I would win.  
To set up an attack on Grendel, I waited until he came at night to the mead hall called Herot.  I jumped up and grabbed him with my bare hands.  When my men tried to help, their swords would not pierce his skin.  During the fight, I was able to rip off his arm and cause other fatal damage.  After I killed Grendel, I hung his arm in the rafter of Herot. 
King Hrothgar has already promised me that, before I leave, I will obtain many jewels and riches.  The Monks over here have aready started to record my great battle and they say I will live in history forever.  I realize I am glad that I am good rather than evil because luck has been fated against evil.  I am excited to say good wins!  Please pray for our safe return to Geatland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment